Unleash Your Adventurous Spirit with the Femkes Hopper Roof Tent Whether you're an intrepid explorer or a weekend wanderer, the Femkes Hopper R...View full details
At Outdoor Roadie we love roof tents as they can transform your camping experience by merging the convenience of a caravan with the adventure of tent camping. Installed on your vehicle's roof, rooftop tents offer a quick and hassle-free set-up, allowing you more time to enjoy your surroundings.
Roof tents at Outdoor Roadie come with a minimum Hydrostatic Head Rating of 2000mm, strong wind resistance of up to 35mph winds, two year warranty for peace of mind and optional warranty protection.
Advantages of Roof Tents:
- Accessibility: You can set up at campsites and explore the country anywhere your vehicle can reach.
- Comfort: Sleeping on top of your vehicle keeps you off the cold ground and a high-density foam mattress that gives you extra sleeping comfort.
- Durability: Built to withstand various weather conditions, offering you a dry and secure place to sleep.
- Long-term cost savings: The average cost of a hotel stay in the UK is £79 according to hotels-and-discounts.com. So just 7 nights at a hotel somewhere and you've paid out £553.
What makes Roof Tents so convenient?
Roof tents provide a unique camping experience by combining ease of setup with the capability to camp in diverse locations. Here are the key conveniences of roof tents:
Ease of Setup: Unlike traditional tents, roof tents can be ready within minutes. Their design allows for quick unfolding and setup, often with a simple pull of a ladder or release of a latch. This could be a critical factor when you're looking for a hassle-free camping solution.
Versatile Placement: With a roof tent attached to your vehicle, you have the freedom to camp on varied terrains. Whether you're at a beach, in the forest, or in the mountains, your campsite is wherever you can safely park your vehicle.
Comfort and Protection: Raised above the ground, roof tents keep you away from pests and ground moisture. Many models come with built-in mattresses, ensuring comfort regardless of the terrain beneath.
Optimised Space: Since the tent is atop your vehicle, it leaves extra space around your campsite and within your vehicle for other camping essentials allowing you add more to your camping setup.
- Water & Wind Resistance: Roof tents come with a minimum Hydrostatic Head Rating of 2000mm with high quality canvas material and waterproof seals and zippers.
Wonderful Views: Being elevated gives you the opportunity to enjoy panoramic views that ground-level tents might not provide. Early mornings or sunsets from a roof tent can offer a whole new perspective.
Why should you choose Roof Tents over traditional ground tents?
When planning your next camping adventure, consider the many benefits of opting for a roof tent over a regular tent. Here's why:
- Quick Setup: Roof tents deploy rapidly, saving you time.
- Off-the-Ground Sleeping: Elevated sleeping space means you're away from damp ground, crawling insects, and small wildlife.
Safety and Comfort:
- Built Robust: Made with thicker materials for increased durability.
- More comfortable sleeping conditions with better mattress options.
Optimisation of Space:
- Free-Up Campsite Space: No need to clear a spot; your vehicle's footprint is all the space you need.
- Storage Efficiency: Gear can be stored inside the tent when it's closed, offering more space inside your vehicle.
- More Site Options: You can camp on uneven or rocky terrain without discomfort.
- Better Views: Sleeping higher up can provide enhanced views of the surroundings.
Quality Materials used:
- Most roof tents sit on top of an aluminium base for security and peace of mind. High-quality tent fabric is used throughout and hard-shell roof tents use hard durable materials for the outer casing.
Carry additional gear on top:
- Some rooftop tents allow you to carry additional gear on top of your roof tent allowing you to go on a sporty weekend away or just save you more space.
How to decide which Roof Tent is best for you
When you’re exploring the market for a roof tent, several factors will guide your decision.
Roof top tents come in all shapes and sizes and have different features. The most important thing to know is knowing how to make those features work for you and your needs.
And if you see one that looks nice & pretty but don’t think about what you need from it exactly, you risk paying for features you may not even use. Or, things that may annoy about it which will slowly eat away at you subconsciously.
We think once you can answer the following questions you’ll be well on your way to figuring out what roof tent is best for you:
- How many people do you plan on sleeping in the roof tent?: If it's just you and your partner then a 2 person roof tent is plenty. Have a small one on the way then 2-3 person roof tent is perfect. Going away with the whole family then you’ll want a 4 person sleeping area like the size of a king-sized bed.
- How easy do you want the set up to be?: If you’re on the go driving to multiple places a day then an easy set up where you can pop up a roof tent in 30 seconds could save you a lot of angst. If you’re staying multiple days on a camp site and like to have a big set up then you might be more relaxed with roof tent that is bigger and takes about 5 minutes to set up.
- Your Vehicle's Roof load capacity: Depending on the vehicle you have will determine how big or how heavy a roof tent you can get on your car roof. Typically the dynamic weight limit is around 70kg so factor the weight of the roof tent + the weight of the roof bars. Always best to check your weight limit in your car manual!
- What extra features do you want?: Are you active on your road trips? Then having roof bars on top of your roof tent to carry your bike or surfboard with you. Want a cover area to change when its raining? Then you might want a roof tent with an annex room or an awning.
- Budget: Soft-shell rooftop tents are generally less expensive.
Our selection of Roof Tents at Outdoor Roadie
At Outdoor Roadie we pride ourselves with making long-term relationships with brands creating the best roof tents the UK has to offer. We are the hub of knowledge when it comes to roof tents. We are proud to work with great brands with an extensive reputation such as Femkes, TentBox, Tent & Trail, ARB, Latitude Tents and ARB.
We have a great selection of soft-shell or hard-shell rooftop tents, roof tents of different capacity to potentially fit your partner or your small family and models that come with extra features such as an included awning, annex or roof racks.
Browse our selection below and use the filters to narrow down your search to find the perfect roof tent for you and your situation.
The Femkes Miles Starling - Set up in 60 seconds for a blissful night's sleep with 360 views Elevate Your Camping Experience with Convenience &...View full details£2,950.00| /
The Roof Tent for you and your loved ones with the Femkes Khosi Family Ever struggle for space? You won't struggle in a mattress size bigger th...View full details£3,650.00| /